The luxurious Davenport Hotel in Dublin Ireland
Our city centre hotel will make you feel at home with luxurious and environment-friendly amenities and facilities. It’s a great hotel for both leisure and business and allows you to relax and enjoy.
- Hotel Facilities :
- Presidents bar serves a delicious afternoon tea and lunch catering for every taste
- Meeting rooms and function space available for private hire
The Davenport Hotel offers guests 24/7 access to the in-house fitness suite which has a range of cardiovascular and bodybuilding equipment. For guests who wish to take a city run, the team is happy to direct you towards interesting routes for runners offering you an opportunity to see the city and its many elegant and interesting gardens and parks. Dublin Bikes are available throughout the city and there is a station on Merrion Square right next to the hotel, that brings you to the seaside for a run along the beach.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all hotel guests throughout the hotel and is free of charge during the stay. *A small surcharge applies for this service in the event of a high level of consumption.
Getting around in Dublin could not be any easier. Choose between the bus, the local tram, the train or walking by foot. The Davenport has the ideal city centre location to connect you to all sights.
- The Airlink (line 757) from Dublin Airport stops on Merrion square next door to the hotel
- The Green Line LUAS line to Sandyford business park and Dundrum Town Centre and other destinations is less than a 10 minute walk
- The Red Line LUAS to Heuston station is less than a 15 minute walk from the hotel
- Pearse Street DART and rail station is 3 minutes walk from the hotel
- A taxi rank is located across the road from the hotel or just ask reception to order one for you
- A selection of hop on hop off bus tours stop on Merrion Square
- Dublin Bikes have a station on Merrion Square. Guests can register online and use this increasingly popular mode of transport to see the city.
- There are a range of Dublin bus routes that pass the hotel travelling to various destinations around the city – watch out for the yellow signs and pay your ticket on board
The team in the hotel is always happy to give you advise on how to get around in the best and quickest way. We recommend you purchase a Visitor’s Leap Card, which allows you to travel as much as you like during 72 hours. City maps are available for free on reception.
The Davenport Hotel is located within one of the more mature business districts in Dublin sitting as it is situated close to Government Buildings and to some of the largest corporate headquarters in the city. IFSC and the Grand Canal area as well as Trinity College are all around the corner from the hotel. Here is a list with main business areas located beside The Davenport Hotel:
- Merrion Square, Mount Street, Baggot Street and Fitzwilliam Square are located around the corner from the hotel
- St Stephens Green is only a 10-minutes walk away
- IFSC is a 10-minutes walk or short taxi drive away
- Grand Canal Square is a 10-minutes walk away
- Convention Centre Dublin is a 15-20 minutes’ walk or short taxi drive away
- The RDS in Ballsbridge and Embassy district in Dublin is a 15-minute walk or 5-10 minutes by Taxi away
- Sandyford Business Park is 15-20 minutes by taxi or you can go by LUAS from St Stephens Green
- Business Parks in Tallaght and Citywest are connected by the Red line LUAS
- East Point Business Park is approximately 10 minutes away by taxi